What technology does HQ use?
HQ VPN uses HashiCorp for our public key and encryption infrastructure and the latest encryption and VPN formats.
We use the industry leading IKEv2/IPsec protocol leveraging built-in iOS and MacOS tools for an extremely secure VPN. There is no need to install an app. By limiting the number of devices that we support, we can maintain the use of the best encryption methods available.
The VPN is optimized for iOS 12 and macOS 14 (Mojave). See which devices are supported.
- HashiCorp Vault - enterprise grade secrets storage
modern VPN technology
- Ad, tracker, malware URL blocking at the network level
- ECDSA, secp384r1 IPsec v2, mobIKE encryption
- DNS encryption, DNSSEC
- no Google Analytics or other 3rd party analytics
- WireGuard client coming soon!
third party services
- Stripe for payments, learn more